Not "love," but justice
Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/zc77sq25m
- Nast, Thomas (American, 1840-1902)
- New York : Harper's Weekly, 26 June 1869
- 28.4 × 39 cm (sheet)
- Wood engraving
- Left center, in block: Th: Nast
- Princeton University. Library. Graphic Arts Collection. GA 2008.01309.
- Alabama claims‒In art
- Caricatures and cartoons
- John Bull (Symbolic character)‒Art
- Political cartoons
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) in art
- United States‒History‒Civil War, 1861-1865‒Art and the war
- Magazine illustration‒United States‒19th century
- Falstaff, John, Sir (Fictitious character)‒Parodies, imitations, etc.
- Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1841-1910‒Portraits
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616‒Characters‒Falstaff
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616‒Parodies, imitations, etc.
- Kings and rulers in art
- Great Britain‒Kings and rulers‒Portraits
- United States‒History‒19th century‒In art
- United States‒Foreign relations‒Great Britain‒In art
- History in art
- Great Britain‒Foreign relations‒United States‒In art
- Great Britain‒History‒19th century‒In art
- GC002 Thomas Nast Collection
- Keller, Morton. The Art and Politics of Thomas Nast. New York: Oxford University Press, 1968, pp. 140-41, pl. 84.
- Paine, Albert Bigelow. Th. Nast, His Period and His Pictures. New York: The Macmillan Company ; London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1904, p. 135.