[Collection of prayers and talismans]
Gathering of loose leaves of Sub-Saharan provenance, containing prayers, invocations, description and use of talismans, amulets, and magic squares. The leaves are placed between two pieces of animal skin, the top piece with hair (175 × 120 mm.).
- 181 leaves : paper ; 175 × 120 mm.
- Africa, [between 18--? and 19--?]
- Ms. leaves.
- Physical description: Number of lines per page varies. European paper of several types and various size, including paper with "Tre Lune" watermark. Some leaves are re-used pieces of paper, one with a list of goods purchased in English. Leaves at the beginning of the gathering are badly damaged by rodents and other animals or insects, with important loss of text.
- From Sub-Saharan Africa.
- .Incipit of Text 1 (fol. 1a): بسم … وصلى الله على من لا نبر بعده قال يا الله مديتما دومج شاح معا
- Islamic magic‒Formulae, receipts, prescriptions
- Islamic magic‒Africa, West
- Islamic magic‒Africa, Sub-Saharan
- Charms‒Africa, West
- Talismans‒Religious aspects‒Islam
- Manuscripts, Arabic‒New Jersey‒Princeton
- Manuscripts, Arabic - Africa, Sub-Saharan
- Manuscripts, Arabic - Africa, West
- Princeton University Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections. Manuscripts Collection. Islamic Manuscripts, Third Series no. 471