[Bard al-akbād fī al-aʻdād ; Kitāb Tarjamat al-kātib fī ādāb al-ṣāḥib lil-Thaʻālibī. Kitāb Lawʻat al-shākī wa-damʻat al-bākī [lil-] Ṣafadī]
Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/tx31qh767
Collection of texts of Arabic literature.
- Thaʻālibī, ʻAbd al-Malik ibn Muḥammad, 961 or 2-1037 or 8
- ثعالبي، عبد الملك بن محمد
- 111 leaves : paper ; 195 × 137 (133 × 70) mm. bound to 198 × 157 mm.
- Ms. codex.
- On fol. 1a: Table of contents by a later hand, mentioning a Risālat ʻibrat al-labīb by al-Ṣafadī which does not appear in the copy.
- Collation: Paper, fol. 111 ; 1-7¹⁰ 8⁶ 9² 10-12¹⁰ 13¹⁰ (+1, fol. 109) 14² ; catchword on the verso of each leaf.
- 19 lines per page. Written in medium small naskh in black ink with use of red and green ink. European glazed paper with watermark. Mention in Arabic script on the pastedown of the upper cover: "Sh 441" (repeated on a label pasted on the upper cover). Foliation in pencil using Western numerals.
- 1. fol. 1b-30b: Bard al-akbād fī al-aʻdād / ʻAbd al-Malik ibn Muḥammad al-Thaʻālibī.
- 2. fol. 31b-76a: Tarjamat al-kātib fī ādāb al-ṣāḥib / ʻAbd al-Malik ibn Muḥammad al-Thaʻālibī.
- 3. fol. 77b-111b: Lawʻat al-shākī wa-damʻat al-bākī / Khalīl ibn Aybak al-Ṣafadī.
- Upper and lower covers and envelope flap of brown leather over paper pasteboard. Upper and lower covers are similarly blind-tooled with a central mandorla and an outer frame made of fillets. The envelope flap has a similar frame and a mandorla on its pointe. Paper pastedowns.
- Microfilm negative available for reproduction.
- Gift; Robert Garrett, Class of 1897 ; 1942.
- Acquired from Abraham Shalom Yahuda, 1942.
- Mach, R. Yahuda, 4267, 4271, 4337.
- Manuscripts, Arabic - 17th century
- Princeton University Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections. Manuscripts Collection.. Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 4223Y