[al-Kalām fī al-iʻtiqād al-khāliṣ min al-shakk wa-al-intiqād. Ḥukm masʼalat al-qadar … etc.]
Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/qv33rw72n
Collection of texts on kalām and lexicology.
- Ibn al-ʻAṭṭār, ʻAlī ibn Ibrāhīm, 1256-1324
- ابن العطار، علي بن ابراهيم
- 137 leaves: paper ; 165 × 123 mm.
- [1226, 1386]
- Ms. codex.
- There are two dates of copy in the ms.: Muḥarram 788 (colophon text 1, fol. 34b) and Jumādá al-Ulá 623 (colophon text 4, fol. 137b).
- 16 to 19 lines per page (17 lines fol. 40a-137b). Written in two different scripts: fol. 1a-39b in thick medium small naskh in black ink with re-inking in red ink for headings; fol. 40a-137b in thiner small naskh in black ink with larger script for headings. Even if the dates mentioned in the colophon are different, these two scripts might be from the same hand. Fol. 1a-39b: light cream glazed paper with vertical laid lines and chain lines (grouped by two?) visible. Some leaves are smaller (see fol. 14, 17). Fol. 40a-137b: thick light cream glazed paper. Foliation in pencil using Western numerals.
- 1. fol. 1a-34b: al-Kalām fī al-iʻtiqād al-khāliṣ min al-shakk wa-al-intiqād / ʻAlī ibn Ibrāhīm ibn al-ʻAṭṭār.
- 2. fol. 35a-38a: Ḥukm masʼalat al-qadar / Aḥmad ibn ʻAbd al-Ḥalīm ibn Taymīyah.
- 3. fol. 38a-39b: [Qaṣidah fī madḥ Ibn Taymīyah].
- 4. fol. 40a-137b: [al-Alfāẓ al-kitābīyah].
- Acquired from Abraham Shalom Yahuda, 1942.
- Paper pasted on brown leather over paper pasteboards. Leather spine (damaged). The upper cover is wanting.
- Microfilm negative available for reproduction.
- Gift ; Robert Garrett, Class of 1897 ; 1942.
- Mach, R. Yahuda, 2289, 2505, 3776, 4232.
- Manuscripts, Arabic - 13th century
- Manuscripts, Arabic - 14th century
- Princeton University Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections. Manuscripts Collection.. Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 936Y