A Tammany rat [copy 1]
Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/jh343s43q
- Nast, Thomas (American, 1840-1902)
- New York : Harper's Weekly, 7 November 1874
- 40.5 × 28.7 cm (sheet)
- Wood engraving
- Lower right, in block: Th: Nast
- Princeton University. Library. Graphic Arts Collection. GA 2008.01534.
- Caricatures and cartoons
- Political cartoons
- Political corruption‒New York (State)‒History‒19th century‒In art
- Tammany Hall‒In art
- Tilden, Samuel J. (Samuel Jones), 1814-1886‒Portraits
- Magazine illustration‒United States‒19th century
- Animals in art
- Anthropomorphism in art
- Foxes in art
- Donkeys in art
- Rats‒In art
- History in art
- New York (State)‒History‒1865-1898‒In art
- GC002 Thomas Nast Collection
- Keller, Morton. The Art and Politics of Thomas Nast. New York: Oxford University Press, 1968, p. 181.
- Paine, Albert Bigelow. Th. Nast, His Period and His Pictures. New York: The Macmillan Company ; London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1904, pp. 298-300.