Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/dj52w476m
Illuminated copy of the Dīwān of Ḥāfiẓ.
- Ḥāfiẓ, 14th cent.
- 134 leaves : paper, ill. ; 246 × 157 (170 × 95) mm.
- Ms. codex.
- Decoration: Six full-page miniatures on fol. 1b, 2a, 67b, 107a, 132b, 133a. The manuscript opens and ends with two full-page miniatures (fol.1b-2a and 132b-133a), with floral decor in gold on the margin. Miniatures are also found on fol. 67b (dated 926 or 936 H.) and on fol. 107a.
- Decoration: Illuminations in gold and colors and margins decorated with flowers and animals executed in gold on fol. 2b, 3a, 68a, 107a, 132b and 133a.
- Decoration: The two first pages of the text (fol. 2b-3a) are magnificently illuminated, in blue, gold, and colors, with a decor of flowers, trees, and animals in gold on the margin. Similar decoration on the last two pages of the text (fol. 131b-132a).
- Origin: According to colophon, copy completed in Jumād[á] al-Thānī 926  (or 936? , fol. 132a). Miniature 2 (fol. 2a) bears the same date.
- Physical description: 3 columns to the page, with 15 lines per column (outer column written diagonally with 10 lines to the column). Written in nastaʻlīq. Entries in gold and blue.
- Acquired from ʻAlī Qulī Khān (Ali-Kuli-Khan), 1925 (see inscription on fol. (i)a).
- Lacquered binding, with central panel consisting of a floral arabesque with birds and animal heads developing around a central eight pointed star. Orange leather doublure elaborately tooled in gilt.
- Gift ; Robert Garrett, Class of 1897 ; 1942.
- Microfilm negative available for reproduction.
- .الا يا ايها الساقى ادر كاسا ونولها
- Moghadam, M. et al. Garrett coll., 15.
- Illuminated manuscripts - Islamic empire - 16th century
- Illuminated manuscripts - Iran - 16th century
- Miniatures (paintings) - Iran - 16th century
- Illuminations (visual works) - Iran - 16th century
- Lacquered bindings - Iran - 16th century
- Manuscripts, Persian - 16th century
- Princeton University Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections. Manuscripts Collection. Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 62G