Six ethnographical maps : illustrative of "The natural history of man," and "Researches into the physical history of mankind."
These ethnographical maps, assembled and published as an atlas in 1861, provide users with a view of the distribution of races and the physical history of mankind from the major continents of the day, and indicate the movement of cultures native to these continents over time. Represented are maps of Asian, African, European, North American, South American, and Oceanic peoples.
- Prichard, James Cowles, 1786-1848
- Maps: 3 p., 6 double maps, 54 × 35 cm.; Text: 3p., 44 × 28 cm.
- 2d ed.
- London, New York: H. Baillière, 1861
- Title supplied from label mounted on cover of a copy of the 2d (i.e. 3d) edition, 1864 in the Surgeon General's library.
- Each map has title: Ethnographical map ... illustrative Dr. Prichard's Natural history of man. And has Researches into the physical history of mankind. 2d. ed. 1864. Imprint at foot of each map.
- Princeton University Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections.. Oversize GN32.P9f