The political lottery
Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/8049g521j
- Nast, Thomas (American, 1840-1902)
- New York : Harper's Weekly, 11 November 1876
- 58.5 × 41.6 cm (sheet)
- Wood engraving
- Lower left, in block: Th: Nast
- Princeton University. Library. Graphic Arts Collection. GA 2008.01723a.
- Caricatures and cartoons
- Political cartoons
- Columbia (Symbolic character)‒Art
- Magazine illustration‒United States‒19th century
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Merchant of Venice
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616‒Parodies, imitations, etc.
- History in art
- United States‒History‒19th century‒In art
- Elections‒United States‒History‒19th century‒In art
- Presidents‒United States‒Election‒1876‒In art
- GC002 Thomas Nast Collection
- On the same sheet as "The solid South" (GA 2008.01723b)
- Paine, Albert Bigelow. Th. Nast, His Period and His Pictures. New York: The Macmillan Company ; London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1904, pp. 339-40.