The eve of war. The dawn of peace.
Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/6t053g12n
- Nast, Thomas (American, 1840-1902)
- New York : Harper's Weekly, 29 April 1865
- 42 × 29.4 cm (sheet)
- Wood engraving
- Lower right, in block: Th: Nast
- Princeton University. Library. Graphic Arts Collection. GA 2008.01270.
- United States‒History‒Civil War, 1861-1865‒Art and the war
- Fort Sumter (Charleston, S.C.)‒In art
- Magazine illustration‒United States‒19th century
- Charleston (S.C.)‒History‒Civil War, 1861-1865‒In art
- South Carolina‒History‒Civil War, 1861-1865‒In art
- History in art
- Fortification‒United States‒In art
- Death (Personification) in art
- Angels in art
- Peace in art
- Anderson, Robert, 1805-1871‒Portraits
- United States‒History‒19th century‒In art
- GC002 Thomas Nast Collection
- Paine, Albert Bigelow. Th. Nast, His Period and His Pictures. New York: The Macmillan Company ; London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1904, p. 114.