[Glosses on al-Shirwānī's commentary on Samarqandī's Risālah fī ādāb al-baḥth]
Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/6q182k19d
Collection containing two glosses on al-Shirwānī's commentary on Samarqandī's Risālah fī ādāb al-baḥth.
- 56, i leaves : paper ; 160 × 116 (105 × 42) mm. bound to 160 × 117 mm.
- Constantinople, 
- Ms. codex.
- Copied by al-Ḥājj Qāsim in Qusṭanṭinīyah in 963 (from colophons, fol. 34a and 56a).
- 17 lines per page. Written in small but very clear naskh in black ink with use of red for "qāla" and "qawluhu", and to overline important words. In text no. 2, notes on content written in red in the margin. European glazed paper with watermarks; fol. 9 [prev. 8] is a later replacement. Contains a few notes in the margin and some collation notes. Modern foliation in pencil using Western numerals (starts on fol. 2; between fol. 35 and 38 [prev. 34 and 35], two fol. blank).
- Collation: Paper, fol. 56 + i (modern endpaper) ; 1⁸ (+1, fol. 9) 2-3¹⁰ 4⁸ 5¹⁰ 6⁸ (+1, fol. 48) ; catchword on the verso of each leaf.
- 1. fol. 1a-34a: Risālah ʻalá Mawlá al-ʻImād al-muḥashshī ʻalá Sharḥ al-Fāḍil Masʻūd al-Rūmī / Ibn Shujāʻ al-Dīn al-shahīr bi-Khazramah.
- 2. fol. 34b-37b: [blank].
- 3. fol. 38a-56a: Risālah ʻalá Sharḥ al-fāḍil Masʻūd al-Rūmī / Jalāl al-Dīn [al-Dawwānī].
- Acquired from Brill, Leyden, 1925, from the books of Murād Bey Bārūdī (Beirut).
- Stiffened brown leather. Each cover has an outer ruled border made of three blind fillets; half of the upper cover is missing.
- Gift ; Robert Garrett, Class of 1897 ; 1942.
- Hitti, P. Garrett coll., 2139.
- Logic, Medieval‒Early works to 1800
- Dialectic‒Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Arabic‒New Jersey‒Princeton
- Manuscripts, Arabic - Turkey - Constantinople - 16th century
- Manuscripts, Arabic - 16th century
- Princeton University Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections. Manuscripts Collection. Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 104B