Napoleon. "Dead men's clothes soon wear out."
Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/3x816m768
- Nast, Thomas (American, 1840-1902)
- New York : Harper's Weekly, 9 October 1870
- 40 × 28.3 cm (sheet)
- Wood engraving
- Lower left, in block: Th: Nast
- Princeton University. Library. Graphic Arts Collection. GA 2008.01340.
- Caricatures and cartoons
- Emperors in art
- Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1871‒Art and the war
- French‒In art
- Political cartoons
- Napoleon III, Emperor of the French, 1808-1873‒Portraits
- Kings and rulers in art
- Magazine illustration‒United States‒19th century
- France‒Kings and rulers‒In art
- France‒History‒19th century‒In art
- History in art
- GC002 Thomas Nast Collection
- Keller, Morton. The Art and Politics of Thomas Nast. New York: Oxford University Press, 1968, pp. 141-42, pl. 92.
- Paine, Albert Bigelow. Th. Nast, His Period and His Pictures. New York: The Macmillan Company ; London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1904, pp. 147-48.